BlackBox Bearded Dragon Enclosure Setup
Bearded Dragons do well in either a BlackBox XT3, BlackBox XA3 or BlackBox XT4 enclosures and larger.
You will need to provide a basking spot and UVB for your Dragon.
All our setups are designed so that your dragon can get optimal basking and UVB and also be able to escape the heat and light if needed. The idea is to have as much UVB on top of the basking spot as possible then give them some darker spaces to get away.
If you are limited on room, the XT3 is a great option. In this enclosure, the setups we can offer are;
- Two screen cutouts for external dome lights (UVB and a Ceramic Heat Emitter or Deep Heat Projector)
- 8 Watt T5 14% UVB light with one screen cutout. The UVB would mount on the inside top of the enclosure and the screen cutout would be used for a CHE or DHP.
These enclosures with external dome fixtures cannot be stacked. If you are interested in stacking, you should go with one of our XA3 BIO enclosures which are taller (24") to accommodate the height of the internal lamp holders. We have an XA3 BIO18 36x24x18 and an XA3 BIO24 36x24x24
Pictured above are six XT3 's on the left on top of an XT6 and 3 XA3 BIO18's on the right.
XA3 BIO Recommended Setups
- One 24 Watt T5 14% UVB and 1 lamp holder with a heat lamp cage (pictured above in the XA3 BIO18)
- Two Lamp Holders with - one for the UVB and one for the CHE or DHP
- If you keep your house very cold, you might consider One 24 Watt T5 14% or a smaller 8 Watt 14% UVB and 2 lamp holders with heat lamp cages. You can add a DHP and a CHE for supplemental heating.
If you are going with the XT4 larger setup, we recommend;
- One 39 Watt T5 14% or 24 Watt T5 14% or a smaller 8 Watt 14% UVB and 2 lamp holders with heat lamp cages. You can add a DHP and a CHE for supplemental heating. (XT4 pictured below)
Accessories - We have different size hides available for your dragon as it grows.
Need more info? - Check out our FAQ page. If you still have questions, please email email@example.com for assistance.